Summer is almost here y’all and that means time break out the grill! My family is just a little obsessed with grilling. When Friday rolls around the grill is fired up, music is whaling, the cooler is full, and our patio is packed with friends and family. In my opinion any weekend with a grill lit is an amazing one!
One of my family’s favorite grilled desserts is grilled pineapple! So simple to make and when you pair it with honey yogurt dip it’s the perfect finale to any dinner! This weekend I used a sweet DOLE pineapple. Speaking of DOLE, have you entered their fifth annual DOLE® California Cook-Off contest yet? It’s simple to enter and the contest winner gets $25,000!
Yes, I just said $25,000!
Do you have a favorite grilling recipe? Participation is simple – check out Dole.com/cookoff for more information, official contest rules, and to enter! Hurry up as the contest ends May 15, 2013! What are you waiting for?
Grilled Pineapple Kabobs with Honey Yogurt Dipping Sauce makes 8
- 1 Dole pineapple
- cooking oil spray
- 8 to 10 bamboo kabob skewers
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint
1. Place bamboo skewers in water and let them soak for at least 5 minutes.
2. With a sharp knife, trim the pineapple. Starting from the top, slice the pineapple into quarters avoiding the core. Discard the core and slice the pineapple into 2″x2″ cubes.
3. Dry off the skewers and spray to coat with cooking oil spray. Spear the pineapple onto the skewer, about 5 pieces of pineapple per skewer.
4. Place the kabobs on a heated gas grill and grill for 4 minutes or until lightly chard. Flip the skewers over and grill for another 3 to 4 minutes until lightly charded. Remove to a plate and garnish with chopped mint.
5. To make the yogurt sauce: In a bowl, mix to combine yogurt and honey.
6. Serve the pineapple kabobs with the honey yogurt sauce.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Dole. All opinions are my own.